On 8/21/2018 2:40 PM, agrayson2...@gmail.com wrote:

    If I start a 200 qubit quantum computer at time = 0, and 100
    microseconds later it has produced a result that required going
    through 2^200 = 1.6 x 10^60 = states (more states than is possible
    for 200 things to go through in 100 microseconds even if they
    changed their state every Plank time (5.39121 x 10^-44 seconds),
    then physically speaking it **must** have been simultaneous.  I
    don't see any other way to explain this result.  How can 200
    things explore 10^60 states in 10^-4 seconds, when a Plank time is
    5.39 x 10^-44 seconds?

It's no more impressive numerically than an electron wave function picking out one of 10^30 silver halide molecules on a photographic plate to interact with (which is also non-local, aka simultaneous).

Also note that you can only read off 200bits of information (c.f. Holevo's theorem).

Brent

*Impressive calculation to be sure, but is this a theoretical value based on the assumption I deny; or is it achieved by a working quantum computer? AG *