On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 5:42:12 AM UTC-6, agrays...@gmail.com
wrote:

> Since it seems conceptually impossible to model a theory with DISJOINT
> discrete spatial units, thus requiring the units to be juxtaposed, do such
> theories acknowledge difficulty of motion between the units, which might or
> might not have boundaries? TIA, AG

I am not sure how to impress people with how bad this thinking is. These
slice and diced chunks of spacetime, whether voxels, plaquettes and so
forth have violations of Lorentz symmetry of spacetime. This means that
curiously the symmetry of gravitation would be violated at higher energy,
and in fact where it is quantized. These ideas have further been falsified
by the lack of dispersion from distant sources. These ideas are bad
interpretations of the Planck length. The Planck length is just the
smallest length beyond which you can isolate a quantum bit. Remember, it is
the length at which the Compton wavelength of a black hole equals its
Schwarzschild radius. It is a bit similar to the Nyquist frequency in
engineering. In order to measure the frequency of a rotating system you
must take pictures that are at least double that frequency. Similarly to
measure the frequency of an EM wave you need to have a wave with Fourier
modes that are 2 or more times the frequency you want to measure. The black
hole is in a sense a fundamental cut-off in the time scale, or in a
reciprocal manner the energy, one can sample space to find qubits.

The levels of confusion over this are enormous. It does not tell us that
spacetime is somehow sliced and diced into briquets or pieces. It does not
tell us that quantum energy of some fields can't be far larger than the
Planck energy, or equivalently the wavelength much smaller. This would be
analogous to a resonance state, and there is no reason there can't be such
a thing in quantum gravity. The Planck scale would suggest this sort of
state may decay into a sub-Planckian energy.  Further, it is plausible that
quantum gravity beyond what appears as a linearized weak field
approximation similar to the QED of photon bunched pairs may only exist at
most an order of magnitude larger than the Planck scale anyway. A
holographic screen is then a sort of beam splitter at the quantum-classical
divide.

LC