On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 9:51:13 PM UTC-6, Brent wrote:

> On 4/20/2019 2:14 PM, agrays...@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
>
> The following (long!) video can also help (well, it did help me)
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foRPKAKZWx8
>>

>> Bruno
>>

> *I've been viewing this video. I don't see how he established that the
> metric tensor is a correction for curved spacetime. AG *
>

> The metric tensor is the quantified embodiment of curved spacetime.  How
> else would you define curvature, if not with the metric?
>
> Brent

*At 49:42 he defines the metric tensor. It has a Kronecker delta as the
leading term. So all cross terms will be zero in its matrix representation.
Listen; this is pure mathematics. If what he calls the metric tensor is the
general correction for curved spacetime, it can be proven mathematically,
strictly by mathematics. What I see is a hand-waving argument at best! Ball
in your court. AG *