> On 28 Apr 2019, at 22:50, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
> <everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

> On 4/28/2019 11:09 AM, 'Cosmin Visan' via Everything List wrote:
>> Ok, so how does it appear ?
>
> Like this (you're getting kind of dense).
>
> <aobpjfdojmonpggd.png>

I agree that to define the qualia red, the ostensive definition is the only
possible. But that does not mean that “ostensive definition” explains the
existence of the impression. With “red”, it is well known that we cannot be
sure if we live all a similar qualia.

Cosmin is kind of dense, but I still agree you can quick on consciousness. With
mechanism, it is up to the believer in matter to justify what is matter and how
it selects the computations in arithmetic to make it more real, or conscious,
etc.

>> If you show that picture to a rock, does the rock see red ?
>
> I tried it and the rock had no response, so I conclude it doesn't see read or
> hear questions.

Or that it cannot talk …

Here Cosmin should like the mechanist explanation. There is no rock. There is
no digital program working in the phenomenological rocks either. But arithmetic
(and its meta-arithmetic which is embedded in arithmetic) explains why numbers
get lasting persistent dreams of rock and red images, including why it contains
a part in the surrational (true but not rationally justified) which exist by
incompleteness.

Bruno