> On 5 Jun 2019, at 08:38, 'Cosmin Visan' via Everything List
> <everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> You didn't even read my paper, otherwise you would have seen that the paper
> is about personal identity.

I saw this.

> And the connection with you theory in which each one of us is a number is
> that the thought experiments suggest that we are not 1 number, but that
> consciousnesses can unify and split and unifiy back, etc.

No problem with Mechanism for this. I have argue on this with the fact
(discovered by Jouvet) that we can do two different dream simultaneously, when
the corpus callosum is inihibited during a REM phase. We woke up with the
memory of two different stream of consciousness.

> So because we cannot be identified with only 1 entity

The first person always identify itself with one body, even if it has an
infinity of (virtual and arithmetical) body.

> (i.e. our soul), then your theory fails.

You need to find a contradiction, not a discrepancy with your theory,
especially at a place where we agree (there is just no material bodies at all
at the ontological level).

Bruno