I agree, Alan... Anecdotes are a starting point. But we have a good handle on phenomena of the normal variety, including chemical, physical, mathematical, and the like - including our own objects falling from the sky!! The tireless work of CSICOP Michael Shermer, Randi, Ray Hyman, and hundreds more - to take claims of the paranormal and investigate them, has pretty well put the subject to bed....   Even the acronym, CSICOP, tells the story: _C_ommittee for _S_cientific _I_nvestifation of _C_laims of the _P_aranormal.

Only true believers like Cosmin, who don't investigate, are doomed to hop from anecdote to anecdote and keep believing
Cheers! Howard Marks