> On 17 Aug 2019, at 21:49, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
> <everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

> On 8/17/2019 6:00 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>> The idea is that when Alice see her photon being u, she knows that whatever
>> she will be interact with will be consistent wit her photon being u and with
>> bob photon being d, including the bob she could ever manifest herself
>> relatively. And reciprocally with Bob. It is just that when Alice see u, it
>> means that her accessible histories will all be consistent with u for her
>> photon and d for bob’s photon. If Bob sees u to, that will be the same: he
>> knows that he will meet Alice having seen d. Both possibilities will exist.
>> The Alices seeing u will access a world with Bob seeing d. The Alice seeing
>> d, will access a world with Bob seeing u. The same for Bob. Both Alices and
>> Bobs observations will spread toward each other at the speed of light, or
>> slower, and no physical influence exist at all.
>
> If there is no physical influence, then why is it limited to light speed?

Because the spreading of the superposition is a local phenomenon. That is why
both Alice and Bob “create” their own counterparts.

> and why does it have physical consequences?

Because we belong to all histories, and the formalism entail statistical
interference of the histories that we cannot distinguish.

The Aspect experience shows that this lakes sense. It entails (assuming no
loophole and all that) the existence of the alternate outcomes or of faster
than light (FTL)  influence, I would say.

It is up to believer in fhe FTL to devise an experience showing its existence.
I think. Aspect experience certainly show this if we add the assumption that
the singlet state describe one universe, with one Alice and Bob, but my
interpretation of the singlet state involves an infinity (or a great number,
that depend on how space-time-gravity is quantised) of Alices and Bobs.

Bruno