In First Order Logic, Real Numbers are the one which simplifies. The first
order theory of the real is decidable, unlike the first order theory of the
natural numbers. The digital, or discrete, reality is more complex than the
reals, which fits all holes, and provides (in the complex extensions) all roots
for the polynomials.
Also, Nicolas Gisin use the Aristotelian act of faith (defining “real” by
“physical”), which requires a non Mechanist theory of mind.
With Mechanism, real number are phenomenological constructs by digital
entities. It is real, but not ontologically real.

Bruno