> On 3 Feb 2020, at 22:46, Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 2:48 AM Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be
> <mailto:marc...@ulb.ac.be>> wrote:
> On 2 Feb 2020, at 12:32, Alan Grayson <agrayson2...@gmail.com
> <mailto:agrayson2...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> On Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 11:42:12 PM UTC-7, Brent wrote:
>> First, it's false.  You can make it true by interpreting "can happen" to
>> mean "can happen according the prediction of quantum mechanics for this
>> situation", but then it becomes trivial.  Second, it's not "at the heart of
>> MWI"; the trivial version is all that MWI implies.  Read the first few
>> paragraphs of this paper:
>>
>> arXiv:quant-ph/0702121v1 13 Feb 2007
>>
>> Brent
>>
>> In posing the question, I want to give its advocates such as Clark the
>> opportunity to justify the postulate. It goes way beyond the MWI and QM.
>> E.g., it means that if someone puts on his/her right shoe first this
>> morning, there must be a universe in which a copy of the person puts on
>> his/her left shoe first. It seems way, way over the top, but oddly many
>> embrace it with gusto. AG
>

> That is already completely different, as it seems to say that everything
> happen with the same probability, but that is non sense,
>
> No, it is exactly what Everett predicts.

If that was the case, I don’t think we would still be here discussing Everett.

> Everything that happens happens with probability one.

Everett insists, perhaps wrongly (but then that is what should be debated) that
he recovers the usual quantum statistics, where the probability is given by the
square of the amplitude of the wave.

> All possible outcomes occur with unit probability in any
> interaction/experiment. David Albert makes the very good point that in your
> W/M duplication scenario, for example, no first person probabilities for
> potential outcomes can be defined.

Where? In his book “quantum mechanics and experience”? Albert has clearly not
understand Everett Imo.

Can you do this point here?

> both with Mechanism (the many-worlds interpretation of arithmetic) and with
> Everett (the many-worlds formulation of QM). Thinking is presumably classical
> so when you take decision, you take the same decision in all worlds, with
> rare exceptions.
>
> Only if it is the same person in all those worlds.

But there are the same by definition, given that that they are supposed to be
the same above the substitution level by construction. Keep in mind that I am
reasoning in the frame of the Mechanist hypothesis, like Darwin, Descartes, but
revised by the digital Church-Turing thesis.

> Different people make different (classical) decisions.

No problem. In the case above, those are not different people. They are
numerically identical at the right level substitution per definition, which
makes sense with the digital mechanist hypothesis.

Bruno