> On 7 Feb 2020, at 18:09, Lawrence Crowell <goldenfieldquaterni...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> MWI is not that bad. All quantum interpretations have some negative
> qualities. I think all quantum interpretations are auxiliary postulates not
> provable in QM.

I think, with some other, that SWE = MWI. That is so true that the founders
have added the reduction of the wave postulate to avoid the MWI. I would say
that the MWI is a theorem of QM, and that by adding the wave collapse, the
theory theory is either inconsistent, or incomplete, but no working completion
has ever been able to really suppress the superposition (aka many
histories/worlds/dreams).

Then, it is a (not completely trivial) theorem in arithmetic that all
computations exist and have a complex relative measure with each other. I giot
the MWI “interpretation" of arithmetic well before I realise that the
physicists were already there. All computations with oracles exist in the
internal limit if the first person views associated with any universal number
in arithmetic.
(I recall that a number u is universal if phi_u(<x, y>) = phi_x(y). I say that
u emulates x on y. Thanks to Kleene’s predicate, this can be translated in the
language of arithmetic (classical logic + the symbols s, 0, + and *), and the
existence of computations is satisfied in all models of Robinson Arithmetic (a
very weak arithmetic accepted even by the ultra-finitists).