> On 8 Jun 2020, at 18:29, Alan Grayson <agrayson2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Monday, June 8, 2020 at 6:26:10 AM UTC-6, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>
>> On 7 Jun 2020, at 17:56, Alan Grayson <agrays...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
>> wrote:
>>

>> On Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 9:00:46 AM UTC-6, Alan Grayson wrote:
>> It predicts everything, so it predicts nothing. AG
>>
>> It's not unlike the monkey typing at random and coming up with Shakespeare's
>> plays, or the Bible. AG
>
> Using this analogy, it is more like the monkey typing *all* books. Except
> that the monkey is elementary arithmetic, and there is non need of randomness
> at that stage, and also, the books are not books, but true (semantic)
> relations implementing computations, and then physics is shown to be an
> internal measure, isolated from the Göde-Löb-Solvay theorem in the
> mathematics iff self-reference.
>
> The theory is Kxy = x together with Sxyz = xz(yz), as I have explained a year
> ago.
>
> The theology is the modal logics G and G*, and the intensional (modal)
> variants imposed by incompleteness, and all that is justified without using
> more than the two axioms above.
>
> “My” theory is a sub theory of al scientific theories.
>
> Look at the conceptual progresses even just on physics:
>
> Bohr:
>       - the wave equation (full arithmetic + analysis)
>       - a dualist unintelligible theory of mind.
>
> Everett
>       - the wave equation (full arithmetic + analysis)
>       - Mechanism
>
> Your servitor:
>       - arithmetic (a tiny part of arithmetic)
>       - Mechanism.
>
> If “my" theory (which is actually a theorem showing that “my” theory is the
> Universal machine theory) predicts everything, then all theories predict
> everything.
>
> I suspect that you have not really try to understand the theory. It is not
> mine, it is the theory that any patient being can derive from mechanism and
> computer science/arithmetic. The hard work have already be done by Gödel,
> Kleene, Löb, and others. Two key theorems which summarise a lot are the two
> theorem by Solovay, which summarise the theology of the machine in one modal
> logic G*. Such question or read the papers if you want to really address the
> “mechanist mind-body problem”.
>
> Bruno
>
> I am not motivated to study your theory.

I have no theory, just a theorem in the Digital Mechanist theory of mind. You
can bypass it to do physics, but not to do metaphysics.

> If all computation are possible,

They are all “actual”. Would you say that “all prime numbers are possible”
needs to be assumed to understand Rieman hypothesis?

> it seems to imply, for example, that any G describes a possible Newtonian
> gravity law, but can't tell is which G corresponds to our universe, let alone
> show that Newton's law is just a weak field approximation of GR. AG

The contrary is true. With mechanism, physics become a statistic on all
(relative) computations, and it can be shown that this leads to one physics.
The laws of physics are entirely determined once we assume mechanism. There
will be opportunities to say more on this, but you might study some of may
papers, also.

Bruno