On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 5:23 PM Alan Grayson <agrayson2...@gmail.com> wrote:

*> *The subject could have been a black box, and still showing signs of
> what we can't really define; consciousness. *I think Ex Machina provides
> an answer of what we need to look for.*

Ex Machina is indeed a great film, I liked it so much I bought the Blu-ray.
The answer it says we need to look for is the same one Turing suggested and
the same one we used to judge the consciousness of our fellow human beings,
intelligent behavior, because it is the only tool we have for such things
imperfect though it may be.
Incidentally if you liked Ex Machina you'll like the 2009 movie "Moon"
because, although you wouldn't know it from the title, it has many of the
same themes and it's equally well-made. I have the Blu-ray of that one too.
I think those are two of the best science-fiction movies made in recent
years. It's going to air on showtime-2 starting on August 18.

Moon <https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/reference>

John K Clark