> On 19 Feb 2021, at 11:43, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 11:54 PM Samiya Illias <samiyaill...@gmail.com
> <mailto:samiyaill...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> > God is One and Only!
>
> I don't think so, I don't think God is 1, although of course that depends
> entirely on what "God" means. If God is an omnipotent omniscient mind that
> created the Universe then God is zero.

I agree, although I would express this differently.

> But if "God" is a mindless amorphous gray blob, as those (for example
> religious intellectuals) who are willing to abandon the idea of God but not
> the English word G-O-D say, then there are an infinite number of Gods;
> although I'm not sure if the magnitude of that infinity is Aleph0 or Aleph1.

In Cantor’s mind, GOD was the complete infinities of all sets. But he was aware
that it could not belong to the aleph cardinal, and cautiously called it “the
great inconsistent”. Today, such “great collection of all sets” are well
modelled by the notion of Model of ZF, which can be shown to be capture by a
bigger cardinal (bigger than all aleph, that is bigger than aleph_0, bigger
than aleph_1, bigger than aleph_2, … but also bigger than aleph_aleph_n, or
bigger than aleph_aleph_aleph_aleph_n. Such a cardinal is called an
“inaccessible cardinal”, and the least one can be defined by “a cardinal kappa
such that kappa = aleph_kappa. In fact (ZF + kappa-inaccessible) can prove the
existence of a model of ZF, that is, can prove the consistency of ZF. After
that a whole series of even bigger cardinal have been found, like mesuarrale
cardinal, the indescriptible cardinals, etc… Those are called “Large cardinal”.
Then even much larger cardinal have been found, called the "large large
cardinal”, like the cardinal of Laver, which found application in braid theory,
and plays some role in the “machine theology”.
Of course, if we want, like Cantor, relate God to a huge collection of all
sets, we might use ZF + it exist a cardinal of Laver, but we will still get
only an approximation. The real “one” will remain something becoming
inconsistent if we let it obtain a description in set theory. Cantor was aware
of real theological difficulties here, and will discuss them with some catholic
bishop during,ng all his life.

The definition of God by the greek was “the ultimate reality”, and was
presented only in a manner which makes clear that anyone claiming to know it
for sure is a charlatan. It is the ultimate reality that we can search, make
theories, and basically refute them. It is the embryo of the “negative
theology” of the neoplatonician, very similar to what the universal machine can
get by introspection.
Aristotle felt in the trap, and is somehow the first charlatan in the
theological domain, despite he is also the inventor of logic and of the natural
science.

Bruno