Am Fr, 19. Feb 2021, um 05:59, schrieb 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List:

> On 2/18/2021 8:54 PM, Samiya Illias wrote:
>> God is One and Only!
>
> But **which** one and only God?  Agdistis or Angdistis, Ah Puch, Ahura Mazda,
> Alberich, Allah, Amaterasu, An, Anansi, Anat, Andvari, Anshar, Anu,
> Aphrodite, Apollo, Apsu, Ares, Artemis, Asclepius, Athena, Athirat, Athtart,
> Atlas, Baal, Ba Xian, Bacchus, Balder, Bast, Bellona, Bergelmir, Bes, Bixia
> Yuanjin, Bragi, Brahma, Brent, Brigit, Camaxtli, Ceres, Ceridwen, Cernunnos,
> Chac, Chalchiuhtlicue, Charun, Chemosh, Cheng-huang, Clapton, Cybele, Dagon,
> Damkina (Dumkina), Davlin, Dawn, Demeter, Diana, Di Cang, Dionysus, Ea, El,
> Enki, Enlil, Eos, Epona, Ereskigal, Farbauti, Fenrir, Forseti, Fortuna,
> Freya, Freyr, Frigg, Gaia, Ganesha, Ganga, Garuda, Gauri, Geb, Geong Si,
> Guanyin, Hades, Hanuman, Hathor, Hecate (Hekate), Helios, Heng-o (Chang-o),
> Hephaestus, Hera, Hermes, Hestia, Hod, Hoderi, Hoori, Horus, Hotei,
> Huitzilopochtli, Hsi-Wang-Mu, Hygeia, Inanna, Inti, Iris, Ishtar, Isis,
> Ixtab, Izanaki, Izanami, Jesus, Juno, Jehovah, Jupiter, Juturna, Kagutsuchi,
> Kartikeya, Khepri, Ki, Kingu, Kinich Ahau, Kishar, Krishna, Kuan-yin,
> Kukulcan, Kvasir, Lakshmi, Leto, Liza, Loki, Lugh, Luna, Magna Mater, Maia,
> Marduk, Mars, Mazu, Medb, Mercury, Mimir, Min, Minerva, Mithras, Morrigan,
> Mot, Mummu, Muses, Nammu, Nanna, Nanna (Norse), Nanse, Neith, Nemesis,
> Nephthys, Neptune, Nergal, Ninazu, Ninhurzag, Nintu, Ninurta, Njord, Nugua,
> Nut, Odin, Ohkuninushi, Ohyamatsumi, Orgelmir, Osiris, Ostara, Pan, Parvati,
> Phaethon, Phoebe, Phoebus Apollo, Pilumnus, Poseidon, Quetzalcoatl, Rama, Re,
> RheaSabazius, Sarasvati, Selene, Shiva, Seshat, Seti (Set), Shamash, Shapsu,
> Shen Yi, Shiva, Shu, Si-Wang-Mu, Sin, Sirona, Sol, Surya, Susanoh, Tawaret,
> Tefnut, Tezcatlipoca, Thanatos, Thor, Thoth, Tiamat, Tianhou, Tlaloc,
> Tonatiuh, Toyo-Uke-Bime, Tyche, Tyr, Utu, Uzume, Vediovis, Venus, Vesta,
> Vishnu, Volturnus, Vulcan, Xipe, Xi Wang-mu, Xochipilli, Xochiquetzal, Yam,
> Yarikh, YHWH, Ymir, Yu-huang, Yum Kimil or Zeus?
>                --- H L Mencken, Graveyard of the Gods

Also Brent, Bruno, Telmo, Samiya, Donald Trump, etc.

Some mystical traditions liked to enumerate all the possible names of God. I
remember reading "Foucault's Pendulum" by Umberto Eco, and at some point in the
text he even offers a program in BASIC to enumerate the names. Speaking of
programming computers, I remember learning to program in C a long time ago, and
being confronted with the idea of "pointer". A pointer is a variable name that
refers to a location in memory. Many different names can point to the same
thing.

Nothing profound about any of this. To cite another mystical tradition: "the
dao seeks the lowest level".

People who insist on one name being more important than all others are being
silly, and they can do extremely evil things in name of this silliness. People
who insist on zero names are also silly, and can also do evil things in the
name of this idea.

Telmo.