On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 13:18 +0100, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> We are debating the merits of the actual mail storage, not the summary
> data. I have wiped out folders.db often enough that I won't use
> Evolution when it switches to storing valuable, unrecoverable
> information like the "mail was read" flag there.

Valuable, unrecoverable message meta-data (flags, tags, labels, etc.)
should really be split off as a separate database: folders.db and, say,
metadata.db.

Martin Owens had a good point earlier in the thread about this being a
good opportunity to start using XDG directories.  folders.db then would
live under $XDG_CACHE_HOME and could be safely destroyed, whereas
metadata.db would live under $XDG_DATA_HOME.

Matthew Barnes