On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 17:34 +0530, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
> Really, we aren't inventing a new format. Its mbox, but organized a
> bit differently, like how some providers store, (Exchange, GW, (IMAP4
> ?) store.

Perhaps a naive question, but does it have to be stored as mbox?  Could
we not just store the raw message content and skip the From_ line (and
especially >From quoting), since the only purpose it serves is to
delimit multiple messages in the same file?

With a file-per-message approach there's no need for a delimiter line,
and an mbox can be constructed trivially by passing the content through
a CamelMimeFilterFrom.  Right?

Matthew Barnes