On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 13:07 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> Once 3.3 development is underway, one thing I'd like to do is promote
> the EExtension framework in Evolution to libedataserver as a replacement
> for e-data-server-module.c.

Just to follow up, this is in 'master' now for 3.3.1.

The EExtension framework now lives in libebackend and all the address
book and calendar backends have been adapted to use it.

The Evolution changes were relatively trivial -- mostly #include
replacements.  Worth noting is libeutil now links to libebackend.

Let me know if there's any problems.