Yes, the gtk_init() issue occurred to me after posting that suggestion.  I
agree a separate process is the better idea.  Then gtk3 won't taint
evolution-source-registry.

(Apologies for top-posting.  I'm trying out Dan's webkit-composer branch and it
seems to have some kinks yet to be worked out, especially in quoted replies.)

Matt

On Mon, 2012-11-26 at 08:37 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Thu, 2012-11-22 at 13:04 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> 1) Write this as a ESourceRegistryServer extension, and just link to
>    GTK+ from the extension module.  That way it's easily removable if
>    the Tizen folks don't want it, or they want to implement their own
>    version using Qt.

    Hi,
I was thinking of it, and I feel like it's not correct to initialize gtk
within an extension, thus this should be just a new "server" within eds,
with its default implementation using gtk3, which will be accessed
through DBus (as you suggested), thus will be replaceable by other
implementations.
    Bye,
    Milan