> I of course read all of those same google posts as well before I
> posted here.  I still do not see why starting evolution causes it.
> It is definitively Evolution startup that makes it happen.
>

> [  579.985355] xfs filesystem being remounted at
> /newroot/home/greg/.local/share/webkitgtk/databases supports timestamps until
> 2038 (0x7fffffff)
> [  579.986015] xfs filesystem being remounted at
> /newroot/home/greg/.cache/fontconfig supports timestamps until 2038
> (0x7fffffff)
> [  579.986268] xfs filesystem being remounted at
> /newroot/home/greg/.cache/gstreamer-1.0 supports timestamps until 2038
> (0x7fffffff)

Ok. It may be starting Evolution that initiates the process that
results in those message being printed, but none of those file paths
are anything to do with Evolution as far as I know.

I suspect that what's happening is that those remounts have been
happening all along silently.  A change in the kernel code has put
these 2038 warnings in, and so they are now visible. There's a
discussion about it at

  https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/1172334/

P.