On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 4:51 PM Pete Biggs <p...@biggs.org.uk> wrote:

> > I of course read all of those same google posts as well before I
> > posted here.  I still do not see why starting evolution causes it.
> > It is definitively Evolution startup that makes it happen.
> >

> > [  579.985355] xfs filesystem being remounted at
> /newroot/home/greg/.local/share/webkitgtk/databases supports timestamps
> until 2038 (0x7fffffff)
> > [  579.986015] xfs filesystem being remounted at
> /newroot/home/greg/.cache/fontconfig supports timestamps until 2038
> (0x7fffffff)
> > [  579.986268] xfs filesystem being remounted at
> /newroot/home/greg/.cache/gstreamer-1.0 supports timestamps until 2038
> (0x7fffffff)
> >
> Ok. It may be starting Evolution that initiates the process that
> results in those message being printed, but none of those file paths
> are anything to do with Evolution as far as I know.
>
> I suspect that what's happening is that those remounts have been
> happening all along silently.  A change in the kernel code has put
> these 2038 warnings in, and so they are now visible. There's a
> discussion about it at
>
>   https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/1172334/

Yep - I read that too, but it is evolution under Fedora.   They converted
their evolution package to flatpak once I downloaded their source and
looked inside it.  Bummer.

-rw-rw-r--. 1 greg greg 12,159,492 Jan  8 05:02 evolution-3.38.3.tar.xz
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 greg greg        660 Jan  8 05:35
flatpak-evolution-fix-service-names.sh
-rw-r--r--. 1 greg greg      1,348 Jan  8 05:35
flatpak-evolution-wrapper.sh.in
Thanks for investigating with me!

Greg