From: Greg Eytcheson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 14:04
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Send to no more than 25 at a time...

No, only faculty and staff can send to All Students, but I'm not sure I understand how
using BCC would help here.  If I have 80 students with Hotmail accounts, and I BCC a
message to my All Students group, isn't Exchange still going to just try to send a
single message to Hotmail with 100 BCC recipients?

Okay, never mind, I see you just answered that in another message --

As to yours and others replies about being too flexible/force them to use an Exchange
account, etc:  It -is- very flexible, it is completely automated and works perfectly
(except for Hotmail).  The students like it because they don't have to remember to
check two accounts, the staff like it because students actually read their messages,
the bloodsuckers ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Alumni/Development Office likes it because we get an
address that will work after they leave the school and I like it because Yahoo,
Hotmail, etc. take care of storing all of their .MP3's and pornography :-)

Does anyone know if my idea of setting up "Hotmail User Group #x" is going to make any
difference in how exchange chooses to send the message to Hotmail?  If this will work,
then I will just update the ISAPI dll to assign them randomly to one of these groups
and be done with it.

Thanks for all of the responses and suggestions so far!

Greg