Rachel,

>From your suggestion of a BDC with all due respect; I would look at the
structure of Windows 2000 before I rushed into the Exchange 2000 world.
That aside historically, there was a huge debate on the merits of
putting exchange on a BDC.
Now with exchange 2000 the idea of it residing on a Domain controller is
not the modern thinking unless you have some rational business decision
that your organization can justify
On the question about users; if it set up correctly you right click on
the UserID and configure them to support mailing there is nothing more
to it.

Sean McGilligan
-----Original Message-----
From: RACHEL [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: December 30 2001 2:13 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: mailbox not creating

I am trying to build my first Win2k Exch2000 server.
I have win2k set up as a backup domain controller.
When I create a user it goes though the part where it creates the
exchange mailbox, but when I go to Exchange system manager and look
there are no mailboxes. When I go to properties for the user, it does
not show the email address. I will continue searching the faq. If anyone
knows a releavant article # I would appreciate it.

thank you