That was a little quick, but that is what you should do. You are in serious
trouble right now. The best thing you could do is put up the $250 and get
this done right.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Blackstone
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 2:50 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: getting data from priv.edb

Call PSS

-----Original Message-----
From: Lewis Kapell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 11:16 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: getting data from priv.edb

Sorry if this message is a duplicate; I tried sending it before but I'm not
sure if it went through.

My company uses Exchange 5.5 with less than 100 users.  One of the drives on
the server went down and the directory (dir.edb) was lost.  We have no
backups (yes, I know, shame on us).  My question is, can the data (the
users' saved messages) be extracted from priv.edb?

I ran isinteg -pri -dump, and the result contained a section titled "Dump of
the mailbox table", with entries for each mailbox in our site.  For each
mailbox there are about 14 lines of information, followed by a line saying:
        Error: 1 database retrieve error on current record.
Can anyone tell me what this error means?  Should I be seeing individual
mail messages in this dump file?

Is there any other way I can extract my user's messages from this file?
Thanks for any help.

Lewis Kapell