Call PSS is definitely step 1, but let me also ask -- any chance your users
are using Offline Folders?

If so, you should have them log into Outlook in Work Offline mode and
immediately export their Offline Folders to .PST files.  At the very least
you'll have saved that information.

And call PSS.  :)

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-Outlook, CNA, MCPx3