Compaq Computer Corporation

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Karen
McLaughlin
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 12:18 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Front-end server problem

Hi all,

I'm about to configure front-end servers for SMTP, but heard some pretty
distressing news about that today.  I heard that inetinfo will crash if
the servers have any information stores of them, but since the stores
generate delivery status msgs, you can't have the FE's as SMTP Gateways
or the machine will start establishing TCP connections to itself
indefinitely.

Apparently there are Q articles out about this, but I haven't read them
yet.  I was curious to see who has tried to do this out in the field and
what your experience has been like so far.

TIA,
Karen