Thanks for your reply, David.  I understand this much better now,
but the one question that remains is whether having SMTP Connectors
on front-end servers is a good idea.  I know one person who repeatedly
has problems with inetinfo crashing.

Has anyone else seen this, and suggestions to resolve?

Thanks,
Karen