From: Jeremy Pinquist [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 8:23 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: MTA loop

SRS is running, and when i connect with exchange 55 admin and try to delete
the phantom server i get the following error: "you cannot delete the
exchange server because it is still active. Shut the server down and try
again." needless to say, there is no server active with that name.

Strangely, there does appear to be an entry for the phantom server in the
computers OU.  I think it was grandfathered in due to a static mapping in
the DNS server. I've removed both entries - AD and DNS, and continue to get
the same error. We are on E2k SP1, and the errors that were generated in the
event log are specifically:

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   MSExchangeMTA
Event Category: X.400 Service