Well, I'd join management in their resistance of an IT guy, no matter how
talented being the one to manually delete mail on a retention period, even
if the policy contains proper exclusions for items which need to be retained
longer (some of which need to be retained significanly longer than a 5 year
tape rotation). Sorry, I don't think it's an efficient use of someone that
talented and it's too prone to human error.