I don't think E2k or even W2K is recommended on a Ppro system.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erick Thompson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 2:05 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Server capacity

I am hoping that I can get some feedback on a server configuration. I have a
Compaq Proliant 6500, dual PPro 200, 256 MB ram, and 7 x 4.3GB drives in
RAID 5 with a hot spare. I want to set this system up as an Exchange 2000
server for about 30 local users, and another 20 via OWA. The email load will
be fairly heavy, and there will be a lot of use of shared folders and
calendars.

I'm concerned about taking the time to set the server up, get Exchange up
and running, only to find that it's running too slowly for the users to be
productive. I know more is better, but this is a non-profit with a very
limited budget, so I want to make sure we have what we need. Is this server
going to be a serious bottleneck?

Thanks,
Erick