I can see both sides of the argument here...

I have several clients running a program called Xwall.

Xwall allows you to specify Internet RBL/SPAM lists (We are using
SpamCop & Osirusoft)  It's also got a Bayesian filter.

You can specify what to do with the positive spam hits. For example, you
can delete it, generate a return message, or FORWARD it to a different
address.

We generally set it up to forward confirmed spam to a, Exchange public
folder.  There is an employee who's job it is to filter through this
stuff to determine if it is spam or not.

One of the sites where we have this installed gets about 2500 messages a
day.  (Yes it's a smaller site than many of you deal with.)  We have
determined that about 70% of that is spam.

We have found the RBL/SPAM list method only falsely confirms a message
as spam about once a month.  I know if we started adding more RBL/SPAM
lists, that number would go way up.

Generally, the consensus with most employees is that they would rather
miss an important message once in a while than deal with the hundreds of
spam message they get each day.  Since management seems to get more of
the spam, they were very happy about reducing it.

-Kevin