I do mostly "cause i can", my strategy purely from a "how quick can i get
this working if it breaks" p.o.v is to do a full backup nightly using
ntbackup to dump to a file on a removable SCSI drive wihch then gets dumped
to tape.  I also do an incremental to get the logs at lunchtime, the store
and logs are on separate physical raid volumes so i figure that covers most
scenarios without being over the top..

regards,
Paul