On Tue, 01 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> I tried both ways. OBVIOUSLY I am not going to use FDISK or DISK DRAKE on a
> functional system with WIN2000 because it will destroy it. Even if it could
> do it non-destructively it would not matter.   it does not allow you to get
> that far, it does not give the option, it just says it can't find any place
> to even TRY to construct a system, so that option is out.
>
> AGAIN WHY doesn't anyone listen IT DOES WORK for Version 7 THEREFORE it has
> REGRESSED. THAT is the complaint and there is no answer forthcoming.

Gilbert:
WHAT BRAND OF HARD DRIVE ARE YOU USING???? Are you trying
to use an ATA/66 hard drive??? If so, what controller? Are
you aware that Mandrake has tightened the code for some
things such that "out of spec" hardware will no longer
work? That's why some people are complaining about WD hard
drives which worked in Mandrake 7, but no longer work in
7.1, because Mandrake is expecting the hard drive to
perform up to spec, and if WD has crippled their hard drive
by not manufacturing to spec, then it's Western Digital's
fault, NOT Mandrake's. Just because they are more demanding
of the hardware does NOT mean it's THEIR fault.

Ever stop to wonder what's different about Mandrake than
anyone else? Hmm? Well, one BIG difference is they are
optimizing their code for Pentium or better. RedHat
doesn't. If you want to use hardware that is NOT
manufactured to the specifications, back down to RedHat.
Until you tell us WHAT BRAND OF HARD DRIVE you have, you're
not going to win!
        John