Yes it does take a lot of additional packages, like pam, bzip2, qt 2.2.1, menu,
mandrake_desk, alsa (it seems), rpm 3.05 (for some packages), and the devel packages
for a lot of the above and of course the kde2 files.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Skwar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 6:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] Is kde2 only for mkd 7.2?

So sprach Leopold Palomo am Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 12:10:59AM +0200:
> Dear people,
>
> I would like to install the last version of kde2 (rc2) and I hall all
> the time problems with the dependencies. I have installed mdk 7.1, and I

Well, you surely can install KDE2 on Mdk 7.1, but it may very well be that
you also have to install a lot of other new stuff.  What's holding you from
fullfilling all the requirements?

Alexander Skwar
--
begin  des Endes der Nachricht