There is

Larry Marshall wrote:
[snip]

> What I can tell you is that when I did an expert install with the disks I
> just bought, there was no libstdc++ and no libstdc++-devel listed in the
> Development area of the package listings.
>
> > Below are the two files you guys have been discussing.  These
> > are from my 2 CD set I bought from LinuxLand as a pre-order
> > when 7.1 was released.  The library is on the Installation CD
> > and the development package is on the Extension CD.

Well, just try this and tell us what you see:
1)Insert your install cd into the CD-ROM drive
2)If not using supermount, mount the cd as /mnt/cdrom
3)type "ls /mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS/libstd*

> Alain...did you know that Linux Mandrake 7.1 has been "released" at least
> twice as a shrinkwrapped package?  I know this because I've bought both of
> them.  The later one came with Star Office 5.2 and a few other
> things.  These items are clearly marked on the box.  I bought the second
> one as I'd given the first to a friend.  As for iso variations there are
> many and the highly variable file sizes have been discussed as well.

There are 4 different commercial packages of Linux Mandrake 7.1:
Macmillans Complete and Deluxe
Mandrakes Essential and Power Pack
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/fpowerpack.php3

They were, however all released at the same time, and I would suspect
were written from the same ISOs. My Deluxe CDs are indentical to the
ones I wrote from ISO (at least in terms of the packages on them). I
can't say anything about the rest, but that would be the logical
assumption.

Buchan

[snip]