On Thursday 04 April 2002 15:42, óscar typed:

> Thank you for your answer.
> But I'm afraid that this is not the problem.
> In fact, the modem is *not* dialing. I believe that the problem is in
> the modem initialisation. If I activate the log viewer in kppp I can
> observe that it does not show the "ATZ - OK" which I used to see.
> Instead, the inferior displacement bar shows like the first line of
> log has filled of a series of "invisible" characters.
> If I run a terminal with the modem, I must write two times AT <intro>
> to get a OK. And ATI 1 show a long line, with the correct string at
> the end of a series of "invisible" characters.
> Any idea?
> Thanks,
> oscar.

Thursday 04 April 2002

Whoops....Sorry about that Oscar, lots of times I am wrong <grin>....

what happens if you replace the ATZ in the init string with AT&F   ?
that should reflush and go with a good string?....Maybe?....well you
may have a idea already about the validity of my advice <G> but give it
a try ...?
Olly P......... Biloxi Mississippi ---- Linux MDK 8.0
2.4.3-20 mdk-----Kmail 2.1.1........20G IBM Deskstar
ATX Plll 600mhz Asus CUBX ...384m Crucial PC133ram

--
Thu Apr  4 18:27:26 EST 2002
Knowledge is power -- knowledge shared is power lost.