030101 Simon A Watts wrote:
> Nautilus is regularly producing core dumps in my (non-root) user account.
> This occurs most often when logging in, though has happened at other times
> (when Nautilus was not being used directly, other than for the desktop).
> System: MDK 9.0 (u/g from 8.2), dual-athlon, 512MB+4GB swap.
> Running Gnome w. Nautilus

not the same problem, but another red flag for me:
i was exploring Nautilus 2.0.5 (Mdk 9.0) & it lost a whole directory!
no warning, no action on my part except dragging a different file!
of course, i had a back-up on CD, but it warned me off Nautilus in a big way.
Konqueror seems much more configurable & powerful as a file manager
& there's the more traditional MC as well, besides the CLI.

just my  CAD 0,02 .

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]