-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of James Sparenberg
Sent: Friday, 3 January 2003 2:41 AM
To: Expert List
Subject: RE: [expert] DBI/DBD::mysql on Mandrake 9.0

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 01:05, Franki wrote:
> cancel that question... I just discovered the package is called
>
> perl-Mysql-1.22_19-5mdk
>
> The naming conventions for perl modules in mandrake really needs some
> work...
>
> they should copy the ppm package names, at least they are uniform..
>
> it should be something like this:
>
> perl-DBD-mysql-xx.xx.rpm
>

> Just like the pg module.. eg:
> perl-DBD-Pg-1.01-4mdk.i586.rpm
>
> but there appears to be no real naming convention in place here....
>
> go figure...
>

> rgds
>
> Frank

Frank I've complained about this kind of nameing problem in the cooker
list, and been told that I was incorrect that MDK's naming is right and
the rest are wrong... *sigh*.

James

http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=perl-DBD&submit=Search+..