> Is it possible to use drakautoinst to automate an effectively upgrade a
> machine from one release to another? Rather than try to use the upgrade

Should be. I've wondered the same thing, although not in the
context of drakautoinst.

Debian (for instance) allows you to do a dist-upgrade (aka apt-get
update && apt-get dist-upgrade). It seemes that one could do the
equivalernt -- at least with respect to Cooker, by urpmi
--auto-select.

But that's fine if you want to mirror what is in cooker, but what if
you want to migrate to 9.1rc2, or another version? Would it be as
simple as finding a source that was a "reference" standard for the
particular release candidate, adding it to your urpmi source list, and
then doing an update followed by a urpmi --auto-select?