Steffen Barszus wrote:

Am Donnerstag, 31. Juli 2003 23:43 schrieb Brant Fitzsimmons:

Bill Mullen wrote:

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Brant Fitzsimmons wrote:

Felix Miata wrote:

Looks like this is my only option. I can't figure out any way to tell
mdkKDM I want to login as root instead of regular user.

As far as I know there is no way to do so. This was the subject of very
heated discussions during 9.0 development.

It *can* be done, and fairly easily, as well.

The question remains, "Why would anyone want to login to a full X session
as root?" ...

Because they want the convenience of full access to all files as with a
console prompt running as root without the need to know how to use the
command line.

Bad reason under K-menu => applications => file tools or whatever it is called in english you can start konqueror in root-modus. The mandrake-tools can be accessed to from a normal login in various ways. There is no reason. to start X as root.

Steffen

Bad or not, it's still a reason.

-- Brant Fitzsimmons [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
                                -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)