ed tharp schrieb am 18 Sep 2003 18:12:32 -0400:

> On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 07:25, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> >
> > Being presented at exhibitions, distributing boxes overseas (USA,
> > Canada, Australia) is a costly venture which is right now just not
> > paying back.
> >
> Here's the thing, as I see it,,, since the three disks set is GPL,
> really there is only a couple of things needed, 1. some one to press
> the CDs, print the boxes and some instructions (ala cheepbytes) a
> logistics/distribution service, and the contacts able to make the sale
> to to the big three, then some one else to handle "all the other"
> retail in the USA.

That's what I said with "... is a costly venture ..."

We are not really talking about the production of the boxes, that's
still done for each version. We are talking about the cost of
distribution via stores. There's too much loss of revenue compared to
purchases at MandrakeStore. I don't know how much a MandrakeStore order
brings more revenue than a sold box from a shelve in Dayton, Ohio, but
there is a remarkable diff. And after software sales went down in
general this diff made the difference between doing and not doing.

wobo