On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 13:36, Lee Wiggers wrote:
> ...>
> Treat her to VMware.  I've got my brother running on Linux with
> win2k on VMware.  He hasn't managed to break anything in 6 days (and
> counting).  That may be a record.
>
> Saves a mint in upgrades (win and anti-virus junk), and protects us
> all from one more carrier.
>
> The only safe windows is isolated from the 'net.
>
> Lee

I love VMWare. It's saved me more trouble than I can name. Aside from
the obvious joy of watching BSODs be contained to an application window,
VMware makes a real backup of Windows very easy. I rsync my home
directory every night; if Windows gets too fubar'ed to fix, I just rsync
yesterday's disk image back over the current one.

--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...