On Monday 20 Oct 2003 12:42 am, James Sparenberg wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 14:27, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Sunday 19 Oct 2003 9:36 pm, Lee Wiggers wrote:
> > > Treat her to VMware.  I've got my brother running on Linux with
> > > win2k on VMware.  He hasn't managed to break anything in 6 days
> > > (and counting).  That may be a record.
> > >
> > > Saves a mint in upgrades (win and anti-virus junk), and
> > > protects us all from one more carrier.
> > >
> > > The only safe windows is isolated from the 'net.
> >
> > Apart from my husband, she is the original technophobe.  I'm
> > working on it, but it could be a good while before she has the
> > confidence to try linux.  Nothing's impossible, though.  David
> > does play solitaire on Mandrake, and he has just learned to use
> > Mozilla, so worlds do change, given time <g>
> >
> > Anne
>
> Anne,
>
>    Can't find the link at the moment.  But there is a windows
> e-mail reader called Bat.  (as in Batman.)  I've a few windows
> developers I know who swear by it.  It looks acts and feels like
> outlook, except it works.  It also is able to isolate attachments
> etc from doing file damage according to them.
>
> James

So, Rikona, how does it handle these attachments?  She needs to get
genuine attachments, so it's no good just stripping all attachments
out.  Can it just recognise a scripting attachment?

The problem with all of this is that she is so reliant on that
machine, and I don't live on the doorstep, so making any change is
problematic.  She is due to move jobs in a few months, and at that
time I hope to be able to get her fixed up with a suitable substitute
machine until I can get any big changes done on hers, but only minor
changes are acceptable at the moment.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302