Thanks Александр,

I expect I need to let go of some of the fancier ideas I have for this, and
just develop the basic components using tools at hand.  I think some of what
I’m after might come under the heading of file editing, as opposed to text
editing, as I want to nimbly pick up and toss around blocks of text from
multiple files, more efficiently than laborious copy/paste, and I haven’t found
an application that does that well.  Sounds like projectile goes a ways on that
sort of thing.

Appreciate the ideas, and if anyone has any further suggestions for tools, etc,
let me know.

Andy