On Mar 15, 2005, at 8:30 PM, Patrick Gillam wrote:

> Vaj, old man, if it's not an imposition, would you
> be so kind as to summarize the parts of the book
> that would outrage the honest TM Sidha? Not that
> I am one -- more of a lazy sidha, truth be told,
> who'd rather read your book review than the entire book.

Well, it gives a clear and true path to enlightenment, based on what
you would call "soma". This is just one schools in depth presentation.
There are other schools as well. The point is: here's the whole thing,
not just a piece.

Look on Amazon--you can check out the ToC and the index. It should give
you an idea.

The point is not so much "this book will enlighten you" or "you gotta
have this book", the point is this book will show you the depth that is
necessary to have the skillful means to attain. The point is "you
deserve this level of depth."

I think my previous post on inner fire gives an idea not only of how
good methods can help, but how good pithy, experiential advice of those
who went before is *essential*. Do you get that in the TMO?

> By the way, an Amazon search turned up a Tantric
> meditator's handbook entitled _Clear Light of Bliss:
> The Practice of Mahamudra in Vajrayana Buddhism_,
> by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. I assume this is the book
> you're recommending. I suppose it's safe to assume
> you've practiced its teachings?

I practice from a different lineage, but yes, the methods are the same.
Also understand, there are other methods, which might not work with
"soma", but just as complete. Something for everyone. It's very sad for
me to see so many people, so dedicated to practice, being given a piece
of a made-up puzzle. "Soma" basically works with the undivided
experience of bliss and emptiness. There are other ways to realize, not
just one. But it is important to have the whole thing, not a bad
facsimile.

And not always guessing if your experience is "right". You should be
able to "check your View" with someone who's "been there, done that."
Yogic traditions will also always have a guru mantra or guru yoga. Then
you always have a direct, ultra-broadband, holographic, interactive
connection. In the absence of a physical teacher, you have access to
answers.

> And here's my kicker question: has your practice of
>  its teachings been the thing that disillusioned you
> of the TM-Sidhi program?

No, it was apparent much earlier that way too much was being withheld.

You see, for a movement centered around the dharma-shastras, you have
to realize: YOU ARE AN UNTOUCHABLE.

So you'll get what the untouchables get--and at a very high price.

I'm not saying this to be mean. I'm saying this because I feel it is
the 'honest to god' truth!