--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lupidus108" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > --- lupidus108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > TM is like diving; jump and the rest is taken care
> > > of. It's laws of
> > > nature operating. Like gravity the result is
> > > inevitable; you fall into
> > > transcendence.
> > >
> > > More interestingly I find that these simple
> > > principles are being
> > > challenged here on FFL by Vaj and others. It is like
> > > they say; no,
> > > gravity does not excist !
> > >
> > > With motifs I do not want to speculate. But they
> > > seem to be operating
> > > fulltime.
> >
> > Lups, you do this all the time. When someone doesn't
> > agree with your beliefs or understanding you question
> > their motives or refer to them as a young soul.
> > Doesn't that strike you as rather arrogant?
>
> Not at all, just an observation.
>
>  Vaj and
> > others are just pointing out that there is a very,
> > very subtle intent (i.e., effort) in TM. That's all.
>
> I disagree. Vaj is trying to blow "intent" out of proportion,
making
> it an effort, thus trying to create confusion in the minds of
> innoscent people.
>
> For which I presume he is well paid. I might be wrong, but
probably
> not.

I think the effort thing is really a non issue, what difference does
it make to acknowledge that some effort is involved in the practice,
compared to thinking type meditations it is virtually effortless. To
me the real gist of what Vaj seems to be saying in most of his posts
regarding the TM practice is that upon studying in depth the
knowledge that TM is thought to have arisen from, he has discovered
that the basic TM practice as we know it is incomplete and really
more of a first level kind of introductory practice. And that the
whole "knowledge package" presented by MMY is kind of cobbled
together from assorted sources and presented as the whole picture
while in reality it is just neo-vedic mumbo jumbo with the main
purpose of just placating psuedo seekers with a promise of
effortless spiritual growth.

I've read most of his posts and it sure seems like he's put the time
in studying these topics and has an impressive (to me at least)
grasp of the various teachings that far exceeds mine and I would
hazard to guess most others on this forum. Quite often he seems to
be saying in relation to TM and the TMSidhi practice that hey I know
what you have been told but I've looked under the hood and trust me,
it's just not going to work that way. The kaneuter valve is not
connected to the jordon rod so no matter how long you repeat these
mantras it's just not going to happen. You need to add some extra
parts if you really want it to work.(feel free to correct me Vaj)

Hey what can I say? All teachings are subjective. There are
translations and translations of the translations, commentaries,
different schools of thought and we are up to our asses in experts.
Who is an authority? How does one become an authority on
subjectivity? Is the knowledge pedantic in origin or is it learned
at the source. Can it actually be taught or can it only be hinted at?

Which is more important academic knowledge or self knowledge? Guru
Dev apparently said that none of it works without having self
knowledge first. The problem is that self knowledge is impossible to
prove, so what is left is academic knowledge which can be
substantiated but in the end is really kind of useless. It is
something like the monkey that reaches through the hole in the
coconut to grab the candy but can't retrieve it's hand unless it
opens it's fist and drops the candy.

You just have to be careful when trying to back up subjective
experience with a little bit of academic knowledge because people
with a lot of academic knowledge may take issue with it.

Rick Carlstrom