On Sep 26, 2007, at 10:37 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

> So if what some are saying comes true, and if 50-100 years France
> and Germany become majority Muslim states, do you feel these states
> will be better or worse off for non-Muslims and women? What about
> people who are not "of the book", like , Atheists, Hindus and
> Buddhists? What about human rights in general?

I have no idea. As far as I can tell, both France
and Germany are pretty strongly in the "If you move
to our country, you tacitly agree to play by our
rules" camp. And they've gotten very little negative
feedback on that from anyone but insane fanatical
Muslims. Unfortunately, as in the US, the insane
fanatics tend to get the airplay on the News, so
people think there are more of them than there are.
In my experience, most of the Muslim community
thinks these people are insane, too. They're not
going to let a few fanatics spoil it for the rest
of them in the long run.

Hopefully that is the case. Some polls have shown that in some countries there is a minority of radicals, but a close majority that supports some of their actions.

It is certainly a universal structure in mythic religious believers across religion or country -- more specifically those who adhere to an egocentric or ethnocentric god, a people of a "my god" or a certain god, the god of a chosen people as opposed to world-centric god. In fact this is a given in almost all religious terrorists whether it be protestant fundamentalists who blow up abortion clinics or Buddhists who put sarin gas into subways: a fundamentalist, ethnocentric, mythic belief driven by a egocentric, rather primitive, drive.

The psychological profile of almost ALL terrorists is identical: 'I see no room in the MODERN world for MY god or MY PEOPLE'S god: therefore it's my destiny/duty/dharma to kill "the other".

When immigrants from societies whose collective consciousness are still at the Red (mythic gods) and Blue (mythic order) meme move into orange meme or higher societies, it hard for them to remain at the lower levels--they will naturally gravitate towards the orange meme themes (scientific understanding). The main way this can be forestalled is to isolate one's group from the whole and refuse to assimilate. Since the majority of the planet is at orange meme or higher (our collective center of gravity), it takes societal or collective effort to NOT assimilate, at least to orange meme. This is also why the collective will tend to focus, sometimes as a demonic projection, on these lower levels that are still resisting more globlacentric integration and acceptance. The US and western Europe are some of the first emerging green meme center of gravity societies and we are beginning to get some second tier segments of society (yellow, turquoise and coral meme), but they are still in the minority overall.

The fastest way to urge collective societal consciousness higher is to encourage assimilation of groups which still actively resist the reality of a modern world with different people, all in the same boat--not competing "tribes"-- and encourage the more universal, global-centric aspect of spirit (in my estimation).