> Hey, I used to be a stripper *for* the TM movement.
>
> Seriously.
>
> And I used to *love* saying it that way. It used to
> make the Purusha-types-before-there-was-a-Purusha
> *so* uptight. :-)
>
> I was a photostripper for MIU Press. Back in the
> days before digital presses, you had to shoot negs
> of the typeset copy and then paste them up in cer-
> tain configurations and then shoot printing plates
> from them. In America, this process is called
> "stripping."

Thats what I did too! There was paste-up, montage (stripping, I didn't
know the term) and plate-making (exposing montage-films on
photo-senstive plates in a certain sequence. We used double-page
spreads and positioned them with a computed machine on the appropriate
place of the plate). I was most of the time in the movement
plate-maker, never did paste-up, but did a lot of montage, even at
Purusha I was mainly in charge of the montage still going on.