--I believe that MMY did an excellent job trying to explain
enlightenment and how it developed to westerners who for the most part
had no idea what enlightenment was.However,in doing this he used
modern terms eg stress in ways which do not exactly conform to what
they actually mean.I think that meditation(not just TM)does produce
changes in the body/central nervous system(CNS).These changes can
become permanent and undoubtedly are related to changes in the
expereince of conciousness eg witnessing.As far what can be
expereinced in meditation being purely the result of "unstressing" I
think that is highly debatable.With respect to my expereince of
of shakti/kundalini during my initiation I would charaterize that as
an awakening of a force that had been latent in my body.This force is
very much active all the time in my body now.I would agree that SOME
of the effects that this force causes could be described using the
term "unstressing".Kevin