From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of authfriend
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 11:42 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Who is "in control" of our lives?

Note once again the astounding *moral equivalence*
inherent in Rick's vacuuous little speculation:
between a hypocritical phony completely lacking in
any scruples about fairness and honesty, and the
person who is calling attention to his behavior--
neither, in Rick's mind, apparently more deserving
of criticism or judgment than the other (although
what criticism there is typically is directed at
me).

Say, why don't we all relax and allow the Bushies
to be what they are without criticism or
judgment? And Al Qaeda too, while we're at it?

How about we relax and allow Maharishi be what
he is without criticism or judgment? Or Bevan?
Or Sai Baba or Sri Chinmoy or Muktananda?

Let's just ignore all ethical lapses lest we
get in the way of our own precious enlightenment.
Yeah, that's the ticket.

You make good points and I was making a “vacuuous little speculation,” but
it may still be somewhat valid. I think the more adamant and “black and
white” we tend to be in our judgments, including those of Bush, Al Qaeda,
etc., the more locked into a narrow individual perspective and closed to the
nuanced nature of reality we tend to be. Can you admit that Barry possesses
many qualities you appreciate, because I’ll bet he does, and vice versa.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3:09 PM