--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> <snip> Isn't the whole premise of Maharishi's vision
> > that TM is supposed to lead to "enlightened
> > behavior?"
>
> Never heard that one.

I don't know if you are simply parsing words, Jim -- in that MMY did
not as I recall, use the term "enlightened behavior" as much as many
others which signify improved action and behavior in all contexts of
life from the practice of TM etc. A few among them:

- "improved social behavior was 1/4 of the entire SIMS intro lecture
format. Improved action -- based on fuller mental potential -- was
another 1/4.
- being in-tune with all the laws of nature
- acting from the home of all the laws of nature
- being established in the constitution of the universe
- acting with grace
- improed "deservabily" resulting from ones behavior
- infinitely flexible action and behavior
- acting from a level of overflowing fulfillment
- being able "to give" in all social interactions
- acting from an ocean of love
- spontaneously providing life-supporting influence on all around him
- even that blood relatives would gain benefit and their lives would
improve
- radiating bliss in ones actions
- 100's of scientific charts and studies often alluded to regarding
improved behavior fir many different benchmarks.
- improved compassion and empathy

I think the list could fill many pages.

Since enlightenment in his view and teachings is the living emodiment
of these qualities, the culmination of their fuller, if not full
growth, then the concept, if not the words, "enlightened behavior"
certainly have a strong context in the TMO. (Though I would not choose
to use the term in that it, in its present usage, becomes quite nebulous.)

You never heard MMY speak of any of this, improved behavior through
TM? Or are you simply parsing words?